By entering this Website, the visitor consents to the terms of this Policy. By submitting his / her information to ZICOM, the visitor will be treated as having given his / her permission for processing the same in a manner provided in this Policy.
At Zicom Electronic Security Systems Limited (ZICOM), ZICOM respects the privacy of individual/visitor and is committed to take reasonable precautions to protect information consisting of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI) (“Information”) of visitors of this ZICOM website and comply with all legal, regulatory and/or contractual obligations related to privacy.
ZICOM has adopted the “Privacy by Default” principles in its approach to data privacy i.e. privacy of data and information is upheld first by default.
This Policy covers the processing, storage, and access to Information as required under lawful and/or contractual activities with ZICOM or otherwise required in the normal course of business. It describes ZICOM’s policies and procedures on the collection, usage, and disclosure of Information provided/received by natural persons.
This Policy applies to all visitors of this ZICOM’s website.
- Information covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to information collected and processed by ZICOM consisting of the following:
2.1 Personal information is information related to a visitor or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow him to be identified. Personal information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender, or date of birth. While information such as date of birth in isolation may not be enough to uniquely identify the visitor, a combination of full name and date of birth may be sufficient to do so.
2.2 Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI) is such personal information that is collected, received, stored, transmitted, or processed by ZICOM, consisting of:
- Contact Details
- Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- Biometric information;
- Any detail relating to the above personal information categories as provided to ZICOM for providing service; and
- Any of the information received under the above personal information categories by ZICOM for processing, stored, or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Please note that any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal information.
ZICOM shall collect and use Information for legitimate business purposes in order:
- that a visitor may download product information, order products and take advantage of certain other features of ZICOM’s website;
- to provide information or interactive services through this website, to the visitor’s e-mail address or, where the visitor wishes it to be sent by post, to the visitor’s postal address;
- to seek the visitor’s feedback or to contact the visitor in relation to the services offered on ZICOM’s website;
- to process orders or applications submitted by the visitor;
- to administer or otherwise carry out ZICOM’s obligations in relation to any agreement that the visitor may have with ZICOM;
- to anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to the visitor;
- to create products or services that may meet the visitor’s needs;
- to process and respond to requests, improve ZICOM’s operations, and communicate with visitor/s about ZICOM’s products, services and businesses; and
- to allow the visitor to subscribe to ZICOM’s news alerts.
- Collection of Information
Only the minimum information required to meet the purposes mentioned in this Policy shall be collected from the visitor/s. Neither ZICOM nor its representatives shall be responsible for the authenticity of such Information provided by the visitor/s. As a normal business practice, ZICOM may collect Information in order to enable secure online authentication, interaction, and transaction with natural persons. This may include the installation of cookies and the collection of other session data.
- Consequences of not providing Information
If you choose not to provide your information that is mandatory to process your request, ZICOM may not be able to provide the corresponding service.
- Access, Correction, Objection of visitor Information
Any modifications/corrections required to the Information can be carried out on the website. In the event the visitor is unable to do so due to lack of functionality in ZICOM’s website and/or the visitor wants to withdraw his / her consent to provide SPDI, he/she may contact the email id provided in Clause 9 of this Policy.
- Retention, Processing, and Storage of Information
7.1 ZICOM shall retain Information for only as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes as mentioned in this Policy.
7.2 ZICOM adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard visitor Information.
- Disclosure of Information
8.1 ZICOM shall not use or disclose Information for purposes other than as mentioned in this Policy, except with the consent of visitors providing such Information or as required by law. However, ZICOM may be legally required to disclose the Information in the following cases:
- Where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation;
- Where mandated under the law by government agencies to disclose such information.
8.2 Where necessary, ZICOM may disclose Information to business partners or third parties during the normal course of business for the purposes mentioned in this Policy. In such cases, ZICOM will only share Information related data when ZICOM is assured that:
- The Information is processed legitimately and appropriately by the business partner or third party in line with the established consent or in line with legal requirements.
- The business partner or third party has adopted a reasonable and equivalent level of security practices and procedures to ensure the security of the information shared.
- Feedback or Concern
For feedback or concern, if any, kindly contact:
- Amendment to this Policy
ZICOM may change the data privacy practices and update this Policy as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website. ZICOM’s commitment to protecting the privacy of website visitors will continue to remain.